Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh! How cute!

Friday, August 5, 2011
What is it about baby things that seem to make us all turn to mush? My two wonderful children are adults now, and although I have three charming grand-dogs, their clothing needs are minimal. But I can't seem to stop drooling over adorable baby things (NO pressure, kids!).


So while I wait (so patiently...) I've been making some baby booties out of upcycled fabric and scraps. The back two pairs are made from vintage table runners and doilies. Front right came from a wonderful old wool blanket I found at an antique store, and front left from the scraps left over from a dress I made for my daughter-in-law's new niece.


To give credit where it is due, the booties on the right are from Simplicity pattern 2397 and the booties on the left are from www.littleshoepattern.etsy.com.

More of my children's clothing can be seen at www.grammaslinencloset.com/children.html

So, doting grammas and aunties... can I make something for your most precious one?

3 comments:

jEaN said...

These booties (almost) make me want to have another child at age 62! Not!

Rose Curtis said...

awwww they are so adorable!

Catherine Stone said...

Hi - Cathy from the Artist Market! I think we can do a whole children's "thing" at the shop with clothes accesssories art and furniture! I'm lovin' the idea

Post a Comment

 
Gramma's Linen Closet. Design by Pocket